SERIOUSLY! What Does The Fox Say?!

| |
Hi Huneybees,


I bet you have heard this amazingly viral song on YouTube and on your radio stations. It's the "Fox Song"  by Norwegian duo - Ylvis (Bård Ylvisåker and Vegard Ylvisåker). The song might seem as a joke at first and when I first heard it on 987FM, I still tot it was a parody song that The Muttons made up on their own. *OOPS!*

But then, it grows! My hubby and I would wake up with this song in our heads, sing the song out of nowhere and then listen to the song before we sleep. It's like our lullaby and it never cease to keep us giggling everytime we hear this song!




The song went viral overnight (although still not as high as Miley's outrageously gorgeous body showing video "Wrecking Ball") with its ridiculous sounds like "Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding" and "Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow." But the sentence in the pre-chorus - "What The Fox Say?" got me thinking and cracking me brain hard. 

SERIOUSLY! What Does The Fox Say?!

Photo credits: http://animals.nationalgeographic.com
So, curious Huney went buzzing around Google and found the answer! I thought it will be a bark like dog's but actually...


It is this horrible, scary shrill. If I didn't see this video, I would still imagine a lady being scared the sh*t out of her by her pranky friends. It's thought that this call is used by vixens (female foxes) to lure male foxes to them for mating, though males have been found to make this sound occasionally as well. *Eh, sounds more like a call to de-mating, I'd rather the "Hotee Hotee Hotee Ho" from the song*

Yipee! So now, the mystery is solved! But then it got me thinking, why is it that the sound of fox is so uncommon? Well, it's coz teachers at schools and books always teaches the animal sounds of dogs, cats, lions, etc. It's hardly sounds of the hardly seen wildlife that is mentioned.


So, let me ask you, "What does the deer say?"
Go Google it. I bet you will be shocked!



Photobucket


Blog Widget by LinkWithin