A Recap on STGCC 2013

| |
Hi Huneybees,


This is gona be a pretty lengthy blog post full of photos. I had a hard time getting all the photos ready and here I am sharing with you what went down at STGCC 2013 this year.


Iron Man was a HUGE deal this year. It was like he's there at every turn, cosplayers as Iron Man, stamps printed with Iron Man images and the highlight would have to be this life size Hall of Armor from Iron Man 3 by Hot Toys. 



One can see the transition of each Iron Man model and well, imagine he is Iron Man choosing his armor to go for a drive... Which one would you pick?





There's even a miniature one nearby and it was so full of details, you can only imagine the amount of hardwork put in sculpting the toy...



So, here's more Iron Man Mania, before I head off to more...











Every year, STGCC is a gathering for cosplayers. It's amazing to see how everyone come up with their costumes and this year, is the best I've seen...



As you can see, I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan...
















This little boy made every guy turn red with jealousy... :X



Super love this guy's costume. It's so elaborate!
Caught Aza at her fan meeting session. Isn't she adorable?!
On the second day, I also met up with a blogger friend - Mirai. She was cosplaying and I got into the mood to do a My Little Pony inspired look...



I was Twilight Sparkle. Actually it's my first time cosplaying , I was a little nervous, I only had the costume on for 30 mins. Mirai was just too pretty le... *shy*


And last but not least, the artist appearance and their toys. It is the highlight of the event as fans were able to get exclusively launched toys, see the designers at work, or like me, get a photo op with them and chat with them about their art.

Spidey senses up for Joe MAD.


Even LINE Corporation was there to make an appearance...












The exclusive Hello Kitty X Ugly Dolls Collaboration were snapped up fast!







Also, dropped by the Army of Snipers booth...














Last but not least, the 2 resident designers that have been at STGCC every year (also reason why I'm there every year) - Devilrobots and Simone Legno of Tokidoki. This year STGCC falls on my birthday again and I've decided to do something special. I've approached the artists for their autographs and now I have my very own wall of fame at home!!



Look out for the upcoming Cool Core Towels collaboration with Tokidoki...


Shin san from Devilrobots is ever so friendly. He even did a birthday drawing for me... :)



So..... Here's my very own wall of fame!



Ok, so here;s my recap of STGCC 2013. Hope you liked it and do come by next year. It's getting better and better and I hope one day it will be like US Comic Con standard! :)


More photos can be viewed in my album here.



Photobucket


Blog Widget by LinkWithin