[Travelogue] Bonjour France - Ury

| |
Hi Huneybees,


I finally have the time to sit down and write about my trip to Paris and London back in late July. I joined hubby on his work trip and second time round, I got to see Paris in a different light. Second time back to Paris, some things are familiar and some things have changed. But nothing is as inviting at their airport, and Ladurée macarons greeting us...






After stepping out the airport, we hopped onto a cab to bring us to Ury. The cab driver had a hard time finding and as we approached, we realised why. It's such a quiet, little city outside of Paris, totally a quaint and peaceful place compared to Paris.



Along the way, we see only clear blue skies and green grassfields.

So, that's our hotel - Novotel Ury. Not much people would travel here as there's really nothing much to do and this hotel is the only hotel in town. The only time people would come by here is a stopover to Fontainebleau (I will show you more on next blog post).




The hotel is a cozy little venue tucked at the end of Ury, filled with greenery and fresh air. Our hotel room not only had a king sized bed, there was also a sofa for light reading or another person to sleep in. What I liked was that the toilet was in a separate room from the bathroom and bedroom, so no bad smells!



On good weathers, you can even bask in the sun and feel the light breeze, while having some ball games with your friends!
In fact, hubby was camping in the hotel for 2 days with his colleagues for a conference, so I was kinda "trapped in" as there wasn't much to do. So after a quick lunch, I went for a walk, exploring the area around the hotel.



Would vampires of werewolves be in there?





It's very much greenery everywhere, very serene and it's all residential houses along the way. It's interesting that everyone has their own take on their houses, built in different styles. It's like a little fairytale village just outside the bustling castle. A nice place to sit back and relax, throw all the stress away~







It took me an hour to get to the town center, where there's a bakery, a pharmacy, a post office and a couple of pubs. There was also a vehicle maintenance and a church that I couldn't get the name out of the residents...

















Along the way there were many beautiful flowers and I even spotted a nursery! It's really nice to stop and take a whiff of the fragrant flowers, totally mind refreshing. There were also some flowers I've not seen before. Do you know their names?



Super love these ones. Don't they look like ladybugs?!

















On the way back to the hotel, I spotted this sign and only after asking around then I realise, there's horse riding around this area too! Why did I walk???






The weather is so unpredictable. The next day, I was all dressed up, ready for more exploration, maybe some horse riding, but it just won't stop pouring! I ended up being in the hotel for the day, made a beauty video, updated my blog, did some reading as well as some painting. I dined in the room, but I wasn't disappointed at all! The food was so hearty and warming during that weather, I even got to eat Artichoke for the 1st time!

Gloomy weather.... :X


 Check out my dinner! I treated myself to good food, since hubby was busy. LOL!






Ok, I shall leave you here for tonight. More exploration of France will be up soon!
Stay tuned...



Photobucket


Blog Widget by LinkWithin