STGCC 2012 - Media Conference

| |
Hi Huneybees,



I was super excited when I was invited to media conference of STGCC 2012! I got to meet several artists before STGCC was open to public the next day. It was my Birthday Eve and this was definitely a treat! Not only did I get to meet them in the flesh up-close-and-personal, I even got to have a little chat with them....



Upon arriving MBS's ballroom, we were awed by the artistic atmosphere. On the left, Tristan Eaton was drawing wavy lines on a huge white and black canvas, while on the right, Leinil Francis Yu was drawing his version of Super Singapore Man....




Tristan Eaton being interviewed by host.
Work of Leinil Francis Yu and penning of caption by Andy Diggle.


 Yipee! Let's take a break and interview the artists...
Andy Diggle, leading comic book writer (UK)
Best known for Vertigo action thriller The Losers and Green Arrow: Year One. Other works include DC Comics' Batman and Hellblazer, Marvel Comics' Daredevil, and sci-fi action thriller Silent Dragon with superstar artist Leinil Yu. Currently writing Doctor Who (My fav drama!) for IDW.

Leinil Francis Yu, Marvel Comics Illustrator (Philippines)
Best known for his work on the Wolverine comic series. Other works include Uncanny X-Men, New Avengers and Superman: Birthright, Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk and Marvel's 2008 Epic: Secret Invasion. Currently collaborating with Wanted and Kickass writer/co-creator Mark Millar on Ultimate Avengers and their creator-owned projects, Superior and Supercrooks.

Tristan Eaton for US President Barak Obama's voteforchange.com campaign 

Tristan Eaton (USA)
A driving force in the world of  'Designer Toys'. Has worked with Kidrobot on the infamous Dunny and Munny Toys, Nike, Hasbro and designed for US President Barak Obama's voteforchange.com campaign. also has a permanent collection in New York's Museum of Modern Art (MOMA).


This year, STGCC invited Touya Hibiki and Kousaka Yun (top Japanese cosplayers) to grace the event.  Left: Kousaka Yun, Right: Touya Hibiki





At the preview, we were also given the chance to look at some of the popular items that will be at the convention! And some of the exclusives that can only be found at STGCC....

Exclusives presented by Hot Toys
1/6th Scale Angelica Collectible Figure from Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
1/6th Scale Lt. Jim Gordon Collectible Figure from The Dark Knight
1/6th Scale Captain America 9Rescue Uniform Version) Limited Edition Collectible Figurine from Captain America: The First Avenger.












Super adorable Nanoblocks...












This massive collection is the baby of Mark Nagata and he was present that day for the Media Conference.


Mark Nagata
Respected Kaiju (Japanese Monsters) artist, Mark is also the man behind the San-Francisco-based Max Toy Company. Said to own one of the world's best Ultraman Collections, his colourful style has graced over 40 cover paintings for R.L. Stine's Goosebumps book series, Give Yourself Goosebumps.





Oh! I got the Multi Eyed Monster - Kaiju Eyezon (it's inspired by the "eyes" of potatoes) drawn by Mark Nagata.  =D
A pic with the pretty host during the tea break.
After the break, we sat around the artists for the group interviews. Everyone asked their questions, even iN988, Roger Poon was there to interview the artists for his show. I admit I was a little "star-struck" as these were the artists that I hear of, idolized of during my poly years and now they are right in front of me, I got timid.... :X



Tristan was very friendly, a very animated person and so inspiring that a street artist could 'blossom' into a artist, not only designed for his president but also made it into a museum. I bet that's what alot of artists hope to achieve. Other than the live drawing piece, he completed another piece and gave them out as a lucky draw at his booth.



I wore Mickey that day!

I asked Tristan for an autograph and we took pictures together! AHHHH!!!

Tristan's drawing for me. Thank you!

Leinil was a very humble and friendly person. Chatting with him was like a little gathering with friends. He shared his experience working for Marvel and he lights up tremendously whenever the subject is brought over to



AAH! Leinil drew Captain America for me!



Afterwhich, I sat down with Andy Diggle for the group interview. He's very approachable and you know what, when I was sitting there, I kept thinking about Doctor Who's blue telephone post!


This is Andy's stickman version of the Daredevil.

Last but not least, it was with the super kawaii cosplayers, Touya Hibiki and Kousaka Yun. They shared quite a fair bit of cosplay tips and spoke of their ideas and what made them go into cosplaying. I even got to take a picture with them! Yeah! 



It was fun to celebrate my birthday with so many like minded people and I learnt alot and got inspired by them. Thank you STGCC!

Photobucket


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I will get back to you shortly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin