[Movie Review] Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1

| |
Hi Huneybees,


I was recently at the Twilight Breaking Dawn (Part 1) premiere, thanks to F*** Magazine. *SCREAM!* My hubby was "begging" me to bring down the volume when I first received the email of me winning the tickets, but like any Twilight fan, who can stop screaming?



Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) and Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson) finally exchange wedding vows. During their honeymoon, the two consummate their love in an epic headboard-breaking sex scene. The next day, Edward feels bad for bruising Bella in the throes of passion, but gives in to her pleas for more because she is so horny. Then, the unimaginable happens — 14 days into their honeymoon, Bella realises she’s pregnant … with a super-strong demon baby that grows at an alarming rate, threatening to kill human Bella in the process. Edward goes back to being his tortured, brooding self. Jacob Black (Taylor Lautner) is not a happy puppy, but stays loyal to Bella because there’s just something that ties him to her. Hmm.
Then, one random day, the baby breaks Bella’s spine, signalling it’s time for the bloody birth scene. And because this happens on such a random day, the house doctor (Edward’s father,Carlisle, played by Peter Facinelli) isn’t around to help deliver the baby, which leaves only Edward and Jacob in the makeshift delivery room with Bella. After a very violent and messy C-section, the baby, Renesmee, is born — with teeth and all — but Bella doesn’t survive. Edward’s sister Rosalie Hale (Nikki Reed) carries the half-human, half-vampire baby out of the room, as Edward injects his own venom into Bella, willing her body to accept it so she can be pale and sparkly like him. Meanwhile, Jacob gets all wolfy and storms off, with fierce intent, to kill the murderer of a baby. But the moment he sees Renesmee, his resolve crumbles into nothingness by some cosmic intervention. While Jacob is busy imprinting Renesmee, Bella’s transformation into a vampire begins.      --- Cosmopolitan Singapore

The original cast are all back for the movie and definitely there were more eye candy (I'm eyeing Seth, the youngest werewolf) this episode, but the most anticipated part of this movie is the wedding and sexual tension between Bella and Edward. 




The wedding scene made everyone go "WOW!" in the cinema. It was grand, the ambiance was romantic and seriously, it made every single girl wana get married on the spot. (Hint: Guys, proposal time!) For me, it brought back sweet memories of my wedding and I kinda teared up myself. I'm such a girly when it comes to movie. 

Bella's wedding dress is handmade. It took Carolina Herrera and four seamstresses six months to complete.
Everything was a fairytale in the beginning part of the movie and big Twilight fans who have read the book, would know the part that they consummated their wedding night was the Oooh La La time. I bet the Isle Esme (Casa Em Paraty) would be a popular tourist attraction after this movie. More about the place can be read here. http://curbed.com/archives/2011/11/17/heres-the-house-where-the-twilight-sex-scene-will-go-down.php




See how saucy it gets?
 The second half of the movie would be a darker scenario compared to the wedding scene. I love the play on light and dark. So, that's also when audience will get to see more of heart throb Jacob (Taylor Lautner), coming into the scenes, to look after Bella.


Bella's pregnancy was taking a toll on her and I must say the technology to shrink Bella down to an anorexic looking girl was astonishing. In fact, it reminds me pretty much of Captain America. Same technology used?


I was tearing up and felt what she was going through. Not sure why, but I felt the pain of Bella, Edward, Jacob and everyone around her. I literally teared up till almost end of movie. Guess only big Twilight fans will get what I saying. For non-Twilight fans, they might say that I'm silly?

Overall, I would give the movie a 4 out of 5 popcorn (a little bias coz I'm Twilight fan?)
Hint: Don't leave the cinemas so quickly. There's a little scenario to watch behind....

And a note to the Twilight: Breaking Dawn movie goers, please at least read the books or watch the previous episodes before heading to the cinemas? Don't act ignorant and have your friend explaining who each character is to you can? Not only are you noisy and disrupting the movie, it makes you super bimbo or rather himbo too!

Here are some pictures of me at the premiere that day...




Our Singapore version Edward Cullen and Bella Swan.

Into the cinema we go!

Definitely watched it with my Edward...
A Volvo S60 was parked right at Shaw Lido's entrance. Exactly the same as the one in the movie!


Go catch the movie today! I know I will be watching at least another 2 times of it. :)





Photobucket




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I will get back to you shortly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin