Shine Youth Festival Closing

| |
Hi Huneybees,


I'm finally back in Huney'Z World! There are so many things to share with you guys and I have been procrastinating on it. Ok, enough said, let me get on with it.

July was the month for Youth Festival, I was at the media release and was at the opening. In between, I've also taken part in certain activites and now August is here, they have also invited us the bloggers for the closing ceremony of the Festival.

I rushed down to the event with other bloggers from the Sensodyne event and when we arrived at Vivocity, there was this huge display at the Main Hall, so we went to check it out.


We went closer to check it out and we found that they have moved a whole squash court into Vivocity! It's actually the 2011 CIMB Singapore Women's Squash Masters that day. But pity, we had to rush, otherwise I would have stayed on for the game.


Then, there was another sub-event that day. I received an MMS from a fellow blogger that Bakerzin is having a free cheescake day for charity and I knew I had to do this before the event.





I did my part for charity and I was rewarded.
Hahahaha! Sub event again! We were walking over for cheesecake when we were caught by the ladies of Shiseido and told us that they were offering free makeover for that day. How can we resist right?! So Joey and I decided to have our faces re-made for the grand closing event. :)


Don't Joey look sweet?! The makeup artist did a wonderful job in matching the makeup to her dress. :)

Then, it was my turn. He said I already have makeup pretty much well done, so he just touched up my makeup, removed the smudging under eye, gave me a little face contouring and lip colour. Shiseido's moto is to have sweet natural looking makeup, so I was told to strongly stress that the eye makeup was done by moi NOT Shiseido.

 

All set!
Taking a pic with the makeup artist before we leave. He was very patient with my questions and I learned lots of tips!
Yipee! Finally arrived at the Shine Closing event!
Had a little finger food before going in the event hall.
Walking the red carpet.

There was a live telecast outside while audience inside the hall can also see what's happening  outside.
Even our G+ president, HP had his paparazzi moment that night.
We settled down inside the movie theatre, ready for the prize giving ceremony.

SHINE Youth Festival, which features an exciting line up of events and activities for the whole of July was presented by its 5 marquee partners (Mascot Parade, O School, Singapore Street Fetival, Singapore Management University and *SCAPE).


We occupied the whole G row!
  

The three Stars of SHINE 2011 awardees distinguished themselves with their selfmotivation and dedication, which saw them pushing their own limits towards extraordinary accomplishments that have inspired other youths:

(a) Justine Lee, 20, is a social entrepreneur who started with a bold idea to donate a pair of school shoes to children in the rural parts of China for every pair of shoes that he sold.

(b) Mohammed Farhan Bin Mohd Firdaus, 25, was a playful and indulged child who found the courage and strength to step up and support his family when it fell on hard times, and excel in his studies. Today, he inspires other youths from poor and troubled backgrounds.

(c) Salihin Bin Sinai, 24, is the first intellectually disabled athlete in Asia to reach Africa’s highest peak—Mount Kilimanjaro, demonstrating that with perseverance and courage, there are no limits as to what the intellectually disabled can achieve.


After the ceremony, we went out of the theatre for a short break and I took the chance to snap a pic with Shan Wee and Elim Chew of 77th Street (Totally my wonder woman!).


Thanks Joey for the photo.
Snapped a pic with the rest of the bloggers and we were ready for Captain America (The movie)!


Muahz,
Christina aka Huney



Blog Widget by LinkWithin