My Embarrassing Moments with Astigmatism

| |
Hi Huneybees,





Did you know that more than half of Astigmats contact lens wearers are not wearing the right contact lenses to correct their astigmatism? As some of you may know, I have astigmatism – just like many other Singaporeans. I did not go about correcting it the right way in the beginning. So, let me share with you my embarrassing moments with astigmatism in this entry!


I have been wearing spectacles since primary school. It all started when I found myself complaining and squinting to figure out the words on the whiteboard in class.

Even my nephew goes errr… when I wear spectacles :D
Eventually, when I started having headaches because of this, my mum decided to get my eyes checked by an Eye Care Professional. It was then I found out that I had astigmatism! I was prescribed with spectacles to correct my astigmatism, but wasn’t very comfortable wearing them all the time. As I grew older and became vainer: spectacles were such a hassle and I looked so dorky in them. So I decided to ditch them.

That’s me in primary school. Don’t I look dorky?!

One day when I was out shopping, I saw the back profile of a guy who I thought was my friend. I called out to him, but he couldn’t hear me. So, I ran up to him while shouting his name. When I caught up with him finally, I tapped on his shoulder and he turned his head. By then, it was too late for me to realise that he was the wrong guy! Not only did the onlookers stare at me, but his girlfriend beside him also gave me the “who are you” look. It was a totally “OOPS” embarrassing moment for me!


Who says Astigmats only have the option of wearing spectacles or rigid contact lenses? There is a proper way to correct it! It wasn’t until a routine eye examination recently when my Eye Care Professional introduced me to 1•DAY ACUVUE® MOIST® for ASTIGMATISM. Not only is it comfortable, you don’t have to compromise your look and best of all? It keeps your eyes HEALTHY! Hehehe!

Spectacles are such a spare for me now. LOL!

During the eye examination recently, the Eye Care Professional did a comprehensive eye assessment on my eye power and overall eye health. Trust me, knowing the condition of your eye health does make a big difference. It is very important to properly correct your Astigmatism with the right contact lenses. So you
not only get crisp and clear vision, but also HEALTHY eyes! And with 1•DAY ACUVUE® MOIST® for ASTIGMATISM, you can benefit from its Triple Care properties of Moisture, Oxygen and UV protection to keep your eyes healthy and comfortable all day, every day! So awesome, right?!


Lesson to learn Huneybees, while all of us are leading a busy and stressful lifestyle, we need to take the time to visit an Eye Care Professional once every six months!





So, this marks the end of my story on my embarrassing moments with Astigmatism. But that’s not all! Do stay tuned to my next post as I share a day in a life with my trusty companion that is 1•DAY ACUVUE® MOIST® for ASTIGMATISM!





For all you Huneybees who have read the story and want to beat the blur with 1•DAY ACUVUE® MOIST® for ASTIGMATISM, you can get CLEAR and HEALTHY vision too by registering for a 5-day consecutive trial at www.acuvue.com.sg/beattheblur. Spread the joy of having crisp and healthy vision today to your loved ones and friends today!


Photobucket


Blog Widget by LinkWithin